Saturday, May 7, 2011

Beef and Mushroom Dijon

Hello all,

I know its been a while, but we havn't been doing a lot of masterful cooking for a bit. Here's a recipe I came across a few weeks ago. Hope you enjoy!


Today's recipe is Beef and Mushroom Dijon. Its a dish like beef stroganoff but with a twist. I used ground beef because thats what I had on hand, but sliced flank steak would be good too. It also works with leftovers!

Beef and Mushroom Dijon

2 servings of beef, sliced.
1/2 c. Sliced mushrooms
1/4 c. Onion, diced
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
1/8 c. Water
1 T Dijon mustard
Rice, pasta or egg noodles

Lightly oil a saute pan. Saute mushrooms and onion. If you want other veg like peas or carrots, add to pan. Cook until soft. Remove from pan. Brown beef ( if using leftovers, just add to pan) return veggies to pan. Add soup and water. Blend. Add mustard. Heat through. Serve over rice, pasta or egg noodles.

This is a pretty simple meal. Total time, about 20 minutes. Good luck and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, that sounds good. And I don't even like mushrooms (but I do love dijon!).

    ReplyDelete