Friday, May 27, 2011

Indonesian Pork Satay

Hey hey hey!!

So I was looking through my recipes for something delish to make for dinner and everything felt boring, like we've had it all before (well, probably because we have). I wanted to try something new. So, I grabbed my phone and opened my beloved AllRecipes app (this is where I find a lot of my base recipes, then I doctor them up a bit), and came across one called Indonesian Pork Satay. After looking over the ingredients to make sure it didnt require anything special or something I don't have/like, I decided to go for it! Needless to say, since I'm posting it, it was awesome! So, here it is for you to try. I hope you like it!

Indonesian Pork (chicken or beef probably work well too) Satay

• the original recipe calls for you to use a food processor. I dont have one, so I will write instructions as I did it. If you have a FP, please feel free to use it :)

• the original also called to cube the pork and skewer it. I chose to keep them in loin chop form.

Ok:

2 cloves garlic, minced*
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1/2 tsp ginger root, minced**
1/2 cup peanuts, crushed
1 Tbl lemon juice
1 Tbl honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp coriander seed, crushed
1 tsp red pepper flake
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup melted butter
2 pork loin chops or one small loin roast

* you can substitute 1/4 tsp garlic powder if desired
** you can substitute 1/2 tsp ground ginger if desired

This is basically a marinade for your pork/chicken/beef, so combine all in a medium bowl. Add pork, mariate minimum 2 hours ( the longer the better)

To crush the peanuts and coriander, i placed them in a bag and beat them with my rolling pin. It worked pretty well. The marinade will thicken as it chills due to the butter. This is ok, just let it be.

You can either cook this on the grill or on the stove top in a frying pan. I used my cast iron pan and it crisped the outside nicely. Simply cook over medium heay turning every 3-5 minutes until done (160 deg. for pork or chicken, about 150 deg. For beef)

I served mine with rice, but some lomein or thai noodles would go just as well if you have them on hand :)

There ya have it folks! Good luck and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment